On the 25th May 2018 the law governing your data changed from DPA (Data Protection Act) to GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation). GDPR builds on existing good practice including modern electronic communication and use of social media.
For the purpose of data protection, Setbray Properties Ltd is the data controller of your personal information; and is in the Information Commissioners register of data controllers under registration number Z6843899.
- We are a small business and do not have a dedicated Data Protection Officer. However, on 18th April 2018, each member of the team at Setbray undertook a certificated course of attendance in ‘Getting Ready for GDPR’. You can contact any member of the team by phoning 01422 843048 or via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us at Setbray Properties Ltd, Burlees House, Hangingroyd Lane, Hebden Bridge, HX7 7DD. By law, we must respect your privacy.
- We will keep all your personal information safe, secure and up to date.
- We will always tell you what we use your information for, and give you the opportunity to control what we use it for; which is
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations,
- To administer our business effectively and efficiently,
- To seek credit worthiness reports,
- To confirm a right to rent,
- To enter in to legally binding contracts,
- To arrange for pre-arranged maintenance and repair visits to premises.
- The type of information we need to hold will include:
- Name and contact details; for example, address, telephone numbers, passport or driving licence details.
- Some of your financial details,
- Your employer details.
- If you ever want confirmation of information we hold about you, you need only ask by making a Subject Access Request.
- We will not share your information for marketing purposes.
- If we are required by law or statutory regulation, we will share your information provided there is an appropriate request and a reasonable need for effective investigation.